We are a community here at Smithills. Each day over 1500 people come together and form that community. Everyone has a responsibility to promote a safe, secure and supportive learning environment.Therefore, the school rules cover the following eight areas:
1. Respect and Relationships
Everyone has the right to be treated decently and fairly by all others in the school community.
No person, child or adult, must act in a way, which might cause distress, injury or inconvenience to others.
3. In and Around School
Orderly movement around school is essential for safety and efficiency. Everyone must conform to the “keep right” rule.
4. Attendance and Punctuality
Pupils are expected to attend school regularly and punctually. All absences must be covered by an explanatory note.
All pupils must conform to school uniform requirements. Any temporary variation must be covered by a letter from parents.
Pupils must not leave the school premises at lunchtime unless they are authorised and possess a current lunch pass (available from Student Services).
7. Injuries, Accidents and Damage to Property
All injuries, accidents and damage to property are to be reported to a member of staff immediately.
8. Mobile Phones
These must not be seen or heard between 8.45 and 3.00 in school. If they are, they must be confiscated and handed in to Student Services. They will be returned to the pupil’s parents after 24 hours, or to the pupil a week later.
1. All pupils must have a bag and equipment, including a planner.
2. All pupils must wear a House tie.
3. All pupils must be in lessons during lesson time, or have a signed planner explaining the reason for their absence.
4. All pupils must speak to staff and each other with respect.
At Smithills we expect pupils to:
Classrooms are for learning, so pupils must: